Thursday, July 8, 2010

Exams results ni stress

A father passing by his teenage daughter's bedroom was astonished to see the
bed was nicely made and everything was neat and tidy.

Then he saw an envelope propped up prominently on the centre of the
pillow. It was addressed "Dad". With the worst premonition, he opened
the envelope and read the letter with trembling hands:-

Dear Dad,

It is with great regret and sorrow that I'm writing you, but I'm leaving
home. I had to elope with my new boyfriend Kibunja because I wanted to avoid
a scene with Mom and you.

I've been finding real passion with him and he is so nice to me. I know when
you meet him you'll like him too - even with all his piercing, dreadlocks,
and rastafarian clothes. But it's not only the
passion Dad, I'm pregnant and Kibunja said that he wants me to have the kid
and that we can be very happy together.

Even though Kibunja is much older than me (anyway, 42 isn't so old these
days is it? ), and has no money, really these things shouldn't stand in the
way of our relationship, don't you agree?

Kibunja has a great CD collection (mùgithi); he already owns 4 acres in the
Mau and has a stack of firewood for the whole el-nino season. It's true he
has
other girlfriends as well but I know he'll be faithful to me in
his own way. He wants to have many more children with me and that's now one
of my dreams too.

Kibunja taught me that marijuana doesn't really hurt anyone and he'll be
growing it for us and we'll trade it with our friends at the coast for all
the cocaine and ecstasy we want. In the meantime, we'll pray that science
will find a cure for AIDS so Kibunja can get better; he sure deserves it!!

Don't worry Dad, I'm 15 years old now and I know how to take care of myself.
Someday I'm sure we'll be back to visit so you can get to know your
grandchildren.

Your loving daughter,
Ciku.


At the bottom of the page were the letters " PTO".

Hands still trembling, her father turned the sheet, and read:

PS:

Dad, none of the above is true. I'm over at the neighbour's house. I just
wanted to remind you that there are worse things in life than my report form
that's in the book on the bed . Please sign it and call when it is safe for
me to come home.
__._,_.___

No comments:

Post a Comment